Brendon and Sarah Joy Hollingsworth

Brendon and Sarah Joy Hollingsworth
The two shall become ONE! The Beauty of marriage!

Bundle of JOY

Bundle of JOY
Our Family Grows! We thank the Lord for the blessing of the little one He has given us!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Prayer Warriors


My Prayer Warriors

Life has been great yet busy and after passing the three month mark I feel so much at home here and can’t even imagine leaving. I have made some great Liberian friends and have been able to do some exploring with them around Liberia.

Thank you for your prayers for the people that God has placed in my life!! I can testify to the way He orchestrates my daily! It is awesome.

My Big prayer request is that I was asked to be a speaker at a Church Youth Conference from December 26th to December 31st!! Please pray that I will be able to speak what the Lord wants me to share and that I may encourage the young people of Liberia to live for the Lord! I believe the Lord will start a revival among the youth and I am praying for BIG things and just am praying that God would empty me of myself and that I may be filled with HIM!!! Just pray for wisdom, for clear speaking so that all can understand me when I am speaking, and for the Holy Spirit to shower down on Liberia. We will be in Kakata, which is a smaller city in Liberia!

Praise the Lord, Peterson’s tumor is getting smaller on his neck!! He now is developing huge sores on his bottom from staying in one position for long periods of time but I am giving him and his family dressing materials for his sores and some medicine for his infection and I will be buying him some pillows so that his sores do not get bigger.

Elijah is really seeking after the Lord and to me that is so exciting. Freedman is another boy that I have been able to give a Bible to and have some great conversations talking about trusting in the Lord through hard times!

I met a woman two months ago who I ran into again yesterday. Her name is Josephine so please pray for her because she is sick and no one knows what is wrong. She is my age and has never born any children so I feel like I can relate to her very well.

My sister’s volleyball team in Alaska sponsored 16 children, placing their names on the back of their jerseys over their own names during the State Volleyball Tournament!! It was such an awesome idea so please pray for each of the children they sponsored that I may be able to use the money to share the love of Jesus with them!!

My church in Alaska is also raised some money for some of the local churches here to help buy musical instruments!! It is so exciting!

God continues to challenge me every day. We were driving down the dirt road into the bush the other day and I was keenly aware to all the small trodden paths that divert from the main road. As I was looking down the trails as we passed as far as I could see with the thick brush all around I happened to see three children playing in a field, kicking around a makeshift ball, two small children with one older child. The older child was dragging his right leg behind him as he tried to race the small children to the “ball.” In that instant I became overwhelmed of all the many stories of the children, parents, and families that lived down each of these walking trails. The tears, the fears, the work, pain, and Joy that I cannot even see as I drive down the main dirt road. I immediately felt the Lord say to me, “Sarah, this is how BIG my LOVE is. I know each one of these children, adults, families, and I know each tear that is shed, each fear that is felt, and each ounce of Joy that is portrayed. I am that BIG!! There is no limit to my knowledge, no end to my Love, no boundary for my Joy, and no obstacle for my grace!”

It is a rare occasion to see an African child in cloths and if they are wearing cloths they are filled with wholes, zippers do not work, or the material has been cut to allow the piece of fabric to still fit the child. I was reading this morning in 2 Corinthians about how as believers in Jesus Christ we are awaiting the day to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling. I was thinking what a day that will be when we are clothed with the beauty of Christ, worshiping Him.

Well, it has been interesting to be celebrating the season in such a different climate! Warm weather, no snow, hot sun, no Christmas music playing, no lights, wreaths, or Christmas trees. I read the other day in a devotional book I have about a family who moved overseas to share the love of Jesus with others and as the mother went through her first Christmas in a different land she missed all the material decorations and had wished she would have brought her Christmas decorations with her. One morning it hit her how often material decorations, familiar songs, and common activities associated with Christmas can capture our attention and take it off the true meaning of Christmas and that is Jesus Christ! My attitude has changed as well and I am daily reminded that all I desire to do is celebrate the true meaning of the season and that is the birth of Jesus Christ! What a humble King we serve!!

I thank the Lord for your fellowship in the gospel! I daily desire to Shine for Jesus so that others may see Jesus through my actions and smile, to die daily to myself that I may walk in the strength of the Lord and not my own strength, and to be the aroma of Christ sharing His love and Joy with those whom I meet.

The clinic work is going well! I have been able to continue to do much clinical teaching with the staff on Emergency triage of patients that come into the clinic, universal precaution, assessment skills, implement organizational and structural protocols, and do preventative health teaching with nutrition and malaria. I love working with the clinic staff at each clinic and meet the people in the villages that they serve. Please pray that every day when I am at the Clinic I may pray with each patient that I see and that they may know and feel and see the POWER of God and the way that He alone can heal!!!

No comments: